"Erin Greene has been our Children's Ministry Coordinator for the past year, and we have been blessed to have her as part of the staff team! She is getting ready for Baby #3 and will be ending her time on staff Sunday, August 13th. Erin has done an excellent job this past year in providing quality lessons for our children and making sure Sunday mornings run smoothly. She has encouraged and managed our children's workers, and has helped prepare our children's ministry for continued growth. She will be missed as a staff member, but we wish her and her family all the best!"
— Brian Robinson, Family Ministries Director
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume before July 14 to Brian Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overall Purpose of River City Church
We are a community of followers of Jesus Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit, & grounded in God’s Word. We passionately & prayerfully seek to bring glory to God as we participate in His mission through - Awakening people to the transforming presence & power of God’s love.
Values of River City Church
- Encountering the Love of the Father. The more we pursue and enjoy an intimate and loving relationship with God, the more we will become who God has created us to be
- Living in the Power of the Spirit. God is living and active in our lives. He brings new life, healing, and restoration to us, so that we can be empowered to love and minister to others.
- Participating in the Kingdom Mission of Jesus. We believe that God is about restoring hearts as well as lives, and we are committed to seeing him bring tangible change in Jacksonville.
- Building the Family of Faith. We want to cultivate authentic relationships. We want to equip the body of believers.
Duties and Responsibilities for Children’s Support Staff:
- Collect and enter weekly data of attendance, basic info, new family information, etc.
- Update volunteer contacts into corresponding databases for weekly counts
- Offer consistent parent communication regarding important dates, events, etc.
- Building updates, reminders, age appropriate articles
- Organize and maintain volunteer and family information in filing cabinets
- Website management: monthly updating the theme, materials, and information for parents/students
- Upload documents from Think Orange into the Children’s Ministry Resource page
- Weekly printing, sorting, and managing of children’s lessons & curriculum.
- Becoming familiar with current RCC Curriculum - Think Orange
- Buying needed materials for the lessons each week
- Printing lessons for each room - Two’s Room thru Kids Crew
- Scheduling of all childcare positions - both volunteer & paid workers
- Includes Nursery, Toddlers, and Kids Crew ages
- Includes special weekly gatherings such as Grace & Truth or Refresh
- Includes special quarterly events like Town Halls, Volunteer Dinners, etc.
- Strategize and plan events to care for paid workers - appreciation dinner.
- Help Family Director organize quarterly events to thank volunteers and cast vision
- Send regular thank you notes, emails, and birthday cards to volunteers
- Be a liaison between volunteer and Family Director to develop unity and connectedness
- Maintain clean and safe rooms for Nursery thru Kids Crew
- Maintain supplies and basic inventory for Nursery thru Kids Crew
- Food restocking, kids changing materials, arts/craft materials
- Cleanliness and maintenance of RCK and KC supply closets
- Toy inventory and safety reviews quarterly
- Update safety procedures in each room
- Fire evacuation plans
- Safety reminders
- Brainstorm effective ways for better parent communication and involvement
- Better utilize the physical space of RCC for children’s ministry
- 25-30 hours a week, can be split between office and off site
- Reports to Family Ministries Director
Revised July 5, 2017