The River City Kids Worship team is a group of worship leaders and musicians who invite young people (elementary to high school) into the presence of God to worship Him under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. We are motivated by the core belief that we are created to worship God and just one moment in His presence can change a life forever!
Our mission is to awaken people to the transforming presence and power of God's love through authentic, joyful, Spirit-led worship. As we pursue to embody and reproduce our church’s core values of: Encountering the Love of the Father, Living in the Power of the Holy Spirit, Participating in the Kingdom Mission of Jesus, and Building the Family of Faith for Continued Growth; we will as a worship team, in our unique context, prioritize the following commitments:
Love God, Love People, Pursue Excellence, and Choose Joy!
1. Love God (Heart)
We are passionate about the presence of God and living a life empowered by the Holy Spirit.
“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.” (Luke 10:27)
- Our hearts is what God wants most. Our personal relationship with God is first and foremost.
- Our goal is for the young people of our church to experience the presence of God. Our personal worship experience happens in concert with their worship experience.
- Everyone on the team are “lead worshippers”, leading the worship whether or not we are playing or serving.
CHARACTER & INTEGRITY
- Am I cultivating and exhibiting the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22) in my life?
- True character means we live a life that is consistent with Biblical teaching, both on and off the stage.
- We value one-on-one and group discipleship.
Value 1 Expectations
• Regular/ongoing and consistent time in God’s presence (worship, prayer, soaking, Scriptures, meditation, etc.).
• Team members are part of the life of the church (ex: attending youth activities or joining a small group).
• Our desire is for team members to be moving and growing towards greater health (spiritually, emotionally, physically, mentally, etc.). If there are any areas in which you desire greater freedom, please let us know — we are here to help you, not to judge you.
2. Love People (COMMUNITY)
We grow relationally with the team and have a genuine love for people.
“Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.” Philippians 2:1-4
- We have the same vision, mission and values as River City Church.
- We want to honor the vision and mantle of the church leadership.
- We value and protect the platform that God has given us.
- We strive for collaboration, not competition, and look for the best in each other.
- We cultivate a culture of honor, putting others ahead of ourselves.
- Don’t underestimate the power of a party and having fun together!
- Our number one goal and priority in relationships is building and protecting connection.
- Each of us help to create a safe environment where others are free to verbalize what they are thinking or feeling.
Value 2 Expectations
• We honor each other’s time and energies by being punctual to rehearsals and promptly responding to scheduling requests.
• We are committed to the church and the team and are available to serve at least once every 4 to 8 weeks.
• As a team member, there is an expectation to attend Team Meetings. This is an important opportunity to get to know each other better and grow as a team.
3. Pursue Excellence (GROWTH)
We excel in musicianship and desire to continually develop the talents that God has given us.
“Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy.” Psalm 33:3
EXCELLENCE, NOT PERFECTION
- Excellence is the desire and journey of stewarding our gifts for the Lord. There is a big difference between excellence and perfection. You can make mistakes in excellence!
- We embrace an attitude of lifelong learning with resourcefulness.
HONEST, HONORING, CONSISTENT FEEDBACK
- We extinguish the spirit of criticism but embrace critical thinking to solve problems.
- We receive feedback with grace and strive to grow.
- We constantly look to bring new ideas to everything we do.
- We create opportunities for the team to be involved in everything we do, big and s mall.
Value 3 Expectations
• We provide training and resources to help you grow, such as instrument workshops, in-ear training, and Bethel’s WorshipU. Please let us know if you would like help with resources.
• It's important for team members to practice your instrument and learn your specific parts before attending worship rehearsal.
4. Choose Joy (ATTITUDE)
We endeavor to have the mind of Jesus, and approach life with an attitude of humility and an atmosphere of fun.
“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me — put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.” Philippians 4:8-9
EMPOWERED TEAM OWNERSHIP
- There is no job big or small, we gladly serve the team wherever there is a need.
- We empower the next generation, and allow them to rise up.
- Don’t forget to laugh — church is to be enjoyed, not endured!
- We bring solutions and fix things that are broken. We actively look for needs and gaps and we fill them.
- We put the needs of others above our own.
Value 4 Expectations
• Family, friends, fun, and a team to be a part of are all great reasons to serve each weekend. But deep down inside I know that, if I was the only one here, I would still turn up. Why? Because I believe in the cause of Christ. I believe in building what Jesus said He would build – His Church (Matthew 16:18).
Additional helpful information
All of our scheduling is done via Planning Center Services. This is an online platform as well as an app that you can download to your phone or tablet. You sign up for an account using your email address. Each month, we send out a request for you to block out any Sundays that you know you are unavailable. We will then send scheduling requests — please promptly Accept or Decline your request so that we can plan accordingly.
Kids Crew: We have a band twice a month in Kids Crew (elementary age) on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month. The worship set for Kids Crew consists of one "kids" song and two "adult" songs. One of our main objectives is to familiarize our kids with the songs that we do in "big church" so that when they are in there on the first Sunday of each month, they are better equipped to engage in worship with the entire church.
Youth: We'll have a worship leader on the third Sunday of each month leading our middle and high schoolers through four worship songs.
You will find the list of songs for a service posted at least one week prior, with links to chord charts, YouTube videos, and transposed MP3s to help in your preparation. Please submit the form below to let us know your scheduling preferences!
What do Sundays look like?
Arrival Time: 9:00 a.m.
Sound Check/Rehearsal: 9:15 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. (30 mins)
Worship Set: 11:00 a.m.
Arriving on time and prepared for rehearsal is essential! The more prepared we are, the freer we are to worship and lead others in worship. We have a "Green Room" located next to the Coffee Bar in the lobby, where we provide bagels, cream cheese and coffee for all worship and production team members.
Everyone in the band is plugged in and ready to play for the Sound Check. The Sound Engineer will give instructions to the band during the Sound Check. When another band member is checking their instrument, please refrain from playing or singing. The Sound Engineer will give the go-ahead when Sound Check is complete. After the first song of rehearsal, please let the Sound Engineer know if you need any adjustments or assistance with your instrument or in-ear monitors.
The Worship Leader will lead the worship rehearsal time and will give cues to signal changes during songs. Please don't hesitate to communicate with the Worship Leader if you have any questions or concerns about any of the songs, parts, etc. There is no such thing as a dumb question!
Be sure to be present and ready to play 5 minutes before the worship set. During the worship set, remember that you are a lead worshipper, no matter what role you are playing in the band. When you are engaging and worshiping the Lord, the kids will be encouraged and follow your leadership. Sing along, worship the Lord, and allow yourself to worship as you sing and play.
Though we do not have a "dress code" per se, we do want to foster a culture of appropriateness, modesty, and sensitivity to our church family members when it comes to what we wear while in the band. We feel it prudent to highlight a few guidelines that will serve us and our body well:
- Yes, we do live in Florida, but we encourage that shorts not be worn — we will do our best to keep the A.C. up and running.
- See-through attire is not encouraged, precisely because it is "see-through." We also encourage underwear/undergarments not to be seen.
- Skirt-lengths should be approximate knee-length and longer.
- Skin-tight attire — though very hip these days for both men and women — is, according to the Surgeon General, not conducive to healthy blood flow. To ensure no team member passes out, we discourage this type of attire. :)
If you have any questions, please contact Kevin Snow at email@example.com. Thank you!