River City Worship is a collective team of musicians, worship leaders, songwriters and pastors who serve every week at River City Church. The team invites people into the presence of God to worship Him under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. We are motivated by the core belief that we are created to worship God and just one moment in His presence can change a life forever!
Our mission is to awaken people to the transforming presence and power of God's love through authentic, joyful, Spirit-led worship. As we pursue to embody and reproduce our church’s core values of: Encountering the Love of the Father, Living in the Power of the Holy Spirit, Participating in the Kingdom Mission of Jesus, and Building the Family of Faith for Continued Growth; we will as a worship team, in our unique context, prioritize the following commitments:
Love God, Love People, Pursue Excellence, and Choose Joy!
1. Love God (Heart)
We are passionate about the presence of God and living a life empowered by the Holy Spirit.
“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.” (Luke 10:27)
Our hearts is what God wants most. Our personal relationship with God is first and foremost.
Our goal is for the people of our church to experience the presence of God. Our personal worship experience happens in concert with the congregation’s worship experience.
Everyone on the team are “lead worshippers”, leading the worship whether or not we are playing or serving.
CHARACTER & INTEGRITY
Am I cultivating and exhibiting the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22) in my life?
True character means we live a life that is consistent with Biblical teaching, both on and off the stage.
We value one-on-one and group discipleship.
Value 1 Expectations
• Regular/ongoing and consistent time in God’s presence (worship, prayer, soaking, Scriptures, meditation, etc.).
• Team members are part of the life of the church by joining a City Group, or involved in Men’s, Women’s, 20s & 30s, S.O.B.s or other small groups.
• Our desire is for team members to be moving and growing towards greater health (spiritually, emotionally, physically, mentally, etc.). If there are any areas in which you desire greater freedom, please let us know — we are here to help you, not to judge you.
2. Love People (COMMUNITY)
We grow relationally with the team and have a genuine love for people.
“Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.” Philippians 2:1-4
We have the same vision, mission and values as River City Church.
We want to honor the vision and mantle of the church leadership.
We value and protect the platform that God has given us.
We strive for collaboration, not competition, and look for the best in each other.
We cultivate a culture of honor, putting others ahead of ourselves.
Don’t underestimate the power of a party and having fun together!
Our number one goal and priority in relationships is building and protecting connection.
Each of us help to create a safe environment where others are free to verbalize what they are thinking or feeling.
Value 2 Expectations
• We honor each other’s time and energies by being punctual to rehearsals and promptly responding to scheduling requests.
• We are committed to the church and the team and are available to serve at least once every 4 to 8 weeks. If we assist other churches for worship on Sunday mornings, it's no more than once a month — this is to provide for a healthy rhythm of worship at RCC, both in the band and in the congregation.
• As a team member, there is an expectation to attend Team Meetings. This is an important opportunity to get to know each other better and grow as a team by eating, worshipping and praying together, as well as discussing team updates. We also gather for other events such as Team Hangouts and Jam Nights as much as your schedule allows.
3. Pursue Excellence (GROWTH)
We excel in musicianship and desire to continually develop the talents that God has given us.
“Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy.” Psalm 33:3
EXCELLENCE, NOT PERFECTION
Excellence is the desire and journey of stewarding our gifts for the Lord. There is a big difference between excellence and perfection. You can make mistakes in excellence!
We embrace an attitude of lifelong learning with resourcefulness.
HONEST, HONORING, CONSISTENT FEEDBACK
We extinguish the spirit of criticism but embrace critical thinking to solve problems.
We receive feedback with grace and strive to grow.
We constantly look to bring new ideas to everything we do.
We create opportunities for the team to be involved in everything we do, big and s mall.
Value 3 Expectations
• We provide training and resources to help you grow, such as instrument workshops, in-ear training, and Bethel’s WorshipU. Please let us know if you would like help with resources.
• It's important for team members to practice your instrument and learn your specific parts before attending worship rehearsal.
• The worship leaders post the setlist for each service on the Monday prior. The songs are subject to change, however, as we always want to be open to where the Spirit is leading, even if it means changing our plans.
4. Choose Joy (ATTITUDE)
We endeavor to have the mind of Jesus, and approach life with an attitude of humility and an atmosphere of fun.
“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me — put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.” Philippians 4:8-9
EMPOWERED TEAM OWNERSHIP
There is no job big or small, we gladly serve the team wherever there is a need.
We empower the next generation, and allow them to rise up.
Don’t forget to laugh — church is to be enjoyed, not endured!
We bring solutions and fix things that are broken. We actively look for needs and gaps and we fill them.
We put the needs of others above our own.
Value 4 Expectations
• In addition to Sunday mornings, you may be asked to help serve in a worship capacity at Refresh, Youth Group, Kids Crew, Prayer Lunches, City Groups or other events.
• Family, friends, fun, and a team to be a part of are all great reasons to serve each weekend. But deep down inside I know that, if I was the only one here, I would still turn up. Why? Because I believe in the cause of Christ. I believe in building what Jesus said He would build – His Church (Matthew 16:18).
Additional helpful information
All of our scheduling is done via Planning Center Services. This is an online platform as well as an app that you can download to your phone or tablet. You sign up for an account using your email address. Each month, we send out a request for you to block out any Sundays that you know you are unavailable. We will then send scheduling requests — please promptly Accept or Decline your request so that we can plan accordingly. You will find the list of songs for a service posted on the Monday prior, with links to chord charts, YouTube videos, and transposed MP3s to help in your preparation.
WHAT DO SUNDAYS LOOK LIKE?
Call Time (Arrival Time): 7:30 a.m.
Sound Check/Rehearsal: 7:45 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
Pre-Service Huddle: 9:15 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
Pre-Service Prayer: 9:30 a.m. to 9:50 a.m.
Debrief: Via text following the service
Though we do not have a "dress code" per se, we do want to foster a culture of appropriateness, modesty, and sensitivity to our church family members when it comes to what we wear while in the band. We feel it prudent to highlight a few guidelines that will serve us and our body well:
We do live in Florida, but we encourage that shorts not be worn.
See-through attire, skin-tight attire and visible underwear/undergarments are discouraged.
Skirt-lengths should be approximate knee-length and longer.
Arriving on time and prepared for rehearsal is essential! The more prepared we are, the freer we are to worship and lead others in worship. We have a "Green Room" located next to the Coffee Bar in the lobby, where we provide bagels, cream cheese and coffee for team members before and after rehearsal. In-ear monitor headphones are provided in the closet in the back corner of the Sanctuary next to the Sound Desk, in a labeled drawer that is mounted on the wall.
Everyone in the band is plugged in and ready to play for the Sound Check at 7:45 a.m. The Sound Engineer will use a microphone to give instructions to the band during Sound Check. When another band member is checking their instrument, please refrain from playing or singing. The Sound Engineer will give the go-ahead when Sound Check is complete. After the first song of rehearsal, please let the Sound Engineer know if you need any adjustments or assistance with your instrument or in-ear monitors.
The Worship Leader will lead the worship rehearsal time and will give cues to signal changes during songs. Please don't hesitate to communicate with the Worship Leader if you have any questions or concerns about any of the songs, parts, etc. There is no such thing as a dumb question!
The Pre-Service Huddle is a time when the Worship Team, Production Team, Service Leader and Speaker gather and go over the service order together. Feel free to eat breakfast, drink coffee and ask questions during this informal meeting. This time is immediately followed by Pre-Service Prayer, when members of the Intercessory Prayer team come into the Green Room to pray with everyone else.
Be sure to be at your station during the 5-minute countdown video, ready to play. During the worship service, remember that you are a lead worshipper, no matter what role you are playing in the band. When you are engaging and worshiping the Lord, the church will be encouraged and follow your leadership. Sing along, worship the Lord, and allow yourself to worship as you sing and play.
During prayer ministry time, the Worship Leader will play and/or sing over the congregation. There may be Sundays when other band members are signaled back to the stage during prayer ministry to lead the congregation in full-band worship. Keep an eye on the Worship Leader and Service Leader.
Please put your in-ear monitor headphones back into the storage closet and take home any personal belongings on your way home — and enjoy the rest of your Sunday!