The Overflow series is about waiting to be filled up by the Holy Spirit and moving in His power to reach the world.
In Acts 1, Jesus lays out the mission strategy for the church: “…You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Each week we'll be posting resources and group discussion questions on this page.
This series is inspired by the book "Reaching the Unreached: Becoming Raiders of the Lost Art" by Peyton Jones. Buy on Amazon
- Do you feel like you judge people that are different from you?
- What are small things you can do to support and encourage someone who is poor, struggles with addiction, homeless, etc?
- What is one person you can pray for and look for opportunities to share you faith with?
- What prevents you from sharing your faith with others?
- What most impacted you or challenged you in the Overflow series?
- What would you do if you believed that God was already at work "out there" in the world?
- What has God put on YOUR heart that he is ready to use you for?
- What is your Jerusalem?
- How are you currently reaching the people there?
- What are the challenges to reaching your Jerusalem?
- What would you need to do next to bump it up one letter grade?
Some Action Steps:
Invite a neighbor, coworker, or family member to do something with you this week. It could be to get coffee, see a game, or help them with a project they’re doing.
On your drive to work this week, spend the drive praying for people and places your eyes see. Ask the Holy Spirit to open your eyes to what has become “normal” to you. Note what you’ve passed and accepted as “the way it is.”
- What is something you love to do that you could do with people who don’t know Jesus?
- What do you think your spiritual gifts are? Why?
- Make a list of your hobbies, talents and things you fill your spare time with. Pray that the Holy Spirit would speak to you about how He might use them to reach others.
- What are you going to do this week to reach out to someone who does not know Jesus?
- Chapter Title: “Your Gifts are Designed to Reach the World for Christ". So, what is holding you back?”
- Are there areas in your life that need to be surrendered to the Lord?
- What would be different if you gave him these things/issues?
- Share an experience of giving God something in your life that He then used to bless you or bless others.
1. What is the riskiest thing you have ever done for Jesus?
• Why did that feel risky?
• How did you feel after?
2. What spiritual gifts has God given you to share the Gospel?
• What would it look like for you to use these gifts? (give a specific example)
• What is blocking you from doing this?
3. Who told you about Jesus?
• Do you think it was risky for them?
• How did you feel after they talked to you?
4. What is one thing you can do in your life that will create better opportunities for you to talk about Jesus with people who do not know him?
- How might God be calling you out of comfort into crisis?
- Is the Gospel that you live comfortable?
- What are things you can do to listen to the Spirit and His guiding?
- What “nets” might Jesus calling you to drop so He can make you a fisher of men / women?
- What lies have you believed that have made you feel like you are not ready to share the Gospel (talk to somebody about Jesus)?
- What makes waiting on God difficult?
- How have you experienced God’s power or love in your life?
- How has God used you to love someone else?
- Who is someone you can pray for that doesn’t know Jesus?