True North: Week 4
- What are some false-truths/lies that you have believed that have kept you from experiencing God? What were some of the objective truths that spoke to those lies about who you are?
- Read Romans 12:2. How do you combat the lies of this world? What do you think it means to become transformed by the renewing of your mind?
- John 5:39-40. The religious leaders of Jesus’ time read the scriptures, as we do. Where did they go wrong?
- Read Psalm 1. The psalmist says that the one who meditates on the law of God is like a strong tree planted by streams of water. What are some ways that you meditate on God’s word?
True North: Week 3
True North: Week 2
- In what ways does your upbringing and your past affect how you see the world?
- When you think of how you make decisions, is the Bible an Authority in your life? Why or why not?
- Of the three ways to read scripture - devotional, doctrinal, and directional, what way is most relevant for you? Why?
True North: Week 1
Challenge this Week
- Get a Bible and start reading it.
- Read an entire book.
- Read the first chapter again every day.
- Ask: What is God saying to me each day?
Identity: Week 6
- What are some areas of your life that Satan continually attacks/tempts you?
- When you fall into sin what are some lies that he says about who you are or who God is?
- Since Christ loves you in the midst of your struggle with sin (Romans 8:38-39), what are some things you can do to lead you to repent (ask for forgiveness) and receive the forgiveness and grace from Christ that will strengthen your identity as God’s child?
Identity: Week 5
I am a new creation. — 2 Corinthians 5:17
I am His beloved. — Matthew 3
I am an image-bearer of God. — Genesis 1
See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. — 1 John 3:1
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession. — 1 Peter 2:9
For we are his workmanship (His masterpiece). — Ephesians 2:10
I have been redeemed, I am His adopted son. — Isaiah 43
I am God's chosen one, holy and beloved. — Colossians 3:12
I am chosen and precious in the sight of God. — 1 Peter 2
I am a citizen, a saints and members of the household of God. — Ephesians 2:19
I am a citizen of Heaven. — Philippians 3
I am God’s Temple and His Spirit dwells in me — 1 Corinthians 3:16
I am fearfully and wonderfully made, and wonderful are His works. — Psalm 119
I am hidden with Christ in God. — Galatians 3:3
I have been delivered from the domain of darkness and transferred into the kingdom of his beloved Son. — Colossians 1:13
- What is your "personal center"?
- What are your dreams?
- Have you ever felt like you were "God's Beloved"? When?
Identity: Week 4
- How does your everyday life reveal His image in you to you?
- Can you identify with “hiding’ the same way Adam did? Are you safe to come out in relationship with your River City Church family?
- List three feelings you experience with the truth that your Heavenly Father doesn’t require you to “BE” perfect.
Identity: Week 3
- Who is someone that can speak into your life?
- What is one way you have felt humbled by God?
- What is one area you struggle in humility?
Identity: Week 2
- What do you believe about Spiritual Warfare?
- What do you think our role is as Christians in Spiritual Warfare?
- What are ways you can exercise the Power of God in you?
- Is it hard for you to believe God can use you to heal someone? If so, why?
Identity: Week 1
- What makes it difficult for you to walk in the authority you have been given?
- Have you ever experienced God’s power in your life? If not, how would you like to experience your power? If yes, then how did that make you feel?
- What are things in your life that blind you from the spiritual war that is going on?
- What is something you can do to remind yourself that you are in a war with the enemy?