We're currently in a series called "Overflow" about waiting to be filled up by the Holy Spirit and moving in His power to reach the world.
In Acts 1, Jesus lays out the mission strategy for the church: “…You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Each week we'll be posting resources and group discussion questions on this page.
The Overflow series is inspired by the book "Reaching the Unreached: Becoming Raiders of the Lost Art" by Peyton Jones. Buy on Amazon
The Gospel of Risk
1. What is the riskiest thing you have ever done for Jesus?
• Why did that feel risky?
• How did you feel after?
2. What spiritual gifts has God given you to share the Gospel?
• What would it look like for you to use these gifts? (give a specific example)
• What is blocking you from doing this?
3. Who told you about Jesus?
• Do you think it was risky for them?
• How did you feel after they talked to you?
4. What is one thing you can do in your life that will create better opportunities for you to talk about Jesus with people who do not know him?
From Comfort to Crisis
- How might God be calling you out of comfort into crisis?
- Is the Gospel that you live comfortable?
- What are things you can do to listen to the Spirit and His guiding?
- What “nets” might Jesus calling you to drop so He can make you a fisher of men / women?
- What lies have you believed that have made you feel like you are not ready to share the Gospel (talk to somebody about Jesus)?
- What is a way you have had to depend on God!?
- Pray this week with your parent for someone you know who does not know Jesus.
Waiting for Power
- What makes waiting on God difficult?
- How have you experienced God’s power or love in your life?
- How has God used you to love someone else?
- Who is someone you can pray for that doesn’t know Jesus?